Monday, February 4, 2008

Is it ethical to create and raise children to donate their organs?

I think that we can rule this as individual choice?

I have my own views on the pro-life v. pro-choice issue
I don't think I need to voice them here, but is it much of a jump to say that if we allow partial birth abortions we couldn't allow this as well? This isn't to say we should begin harvesting people for organs today, but if you're going to abort a child, why not put it up for organ use. I mean, if their only outlets are to die or to die in the long run after making someone else's life slightly longer, I would assume that the latter would be the preferable of the two.

Maybe this book is a modern day swiftian modest proposal, but as far as the question itself, I don't think I've envoked the slippery sloap, but rather the logical conclusion.
It may not be moral, but it has to be more moral to have some utilitarian worth than none at all.

No comments: